In participating in Queer Collaborations 2017, I agree to the following:
- Uphold and respect the Safer Spaces and Grievance Policy.
- Respect people’s physical and emotional boundaries.
- Endeavour not to speak over others and help create an inclusive environment which allows for everyone to have their say and not be silenced.
- Always get explicit verbal consent before touching someone or crossing personal boundaries.
- Respect people’s opinions, beliefs, differing states of being and differing points of view.
- Be responsible for your own actions and the effect of these actions on others.
- Respect the autonomy of identity groups, therefore the importance of autonomous spaces and discussions. If you do not identify with the group, don’t attend or join these discussions.
- Adhere to standing orders throughout conference floor and caucuses.
- Take care of yourself and others around you and alert the Grievance Committee and/or Organising Committee if you feel this is necessary.
- Not engage in any behaviour or use language that perpetuates oppression, including, but not limited to, being racist, ageist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, queerphobic, ableist, classist, sizeist, biphobic, whorephobic, polyphobic, acephobic, femmephobic, transmisogynistic or general bigotry.
- Respect “dry” (no alcohol) spaces. Even in “wet” (alcohol allowed) spaces, do not pressure those who are not drinking to consume alcohol.
- Recognise the privacy of individuals and not compromise the privacy of any individuals or groups by discussing personal or sensitive matters with other individuals.
- Use content notes (trigger warnings) where necessary, including in personal conversations, workshops and conference floor. Be aware of the content notes(trigger warnings) for workshops from the reader, workshop facilitator or otherwise visibly posted.
- no sex in public spaces period.
- no removing clothes which would result in nudity in a public space without the expressed permission of the people in that space, this includes people who move into that space after you have asked for consent. please note this includes conference floor.
Adapted from the Queer Collaborations 2015 participant agreement.